IFSO is a Federation of National Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Societies. To join IFSO you have to join first the National Society of the country you live in.
By doing this you will become automatically an IFSO member.
If you live in a country where there is no National Society, you can join IFSO individually (see button below).
IFSO MEMBERSHIP FEES FOR 2019
IFSO Regular Member: 150 USD
This fee includes complimentary subscription to the official journal of the Federation Obesity Surgery (12 print issues + online version).
IFSO Regular Member: 80 USD
This fee includes complimentary subscription to the official journal of the Federation Obesity Surgery (only online version).
IFSO Integrated Health Member: 20 USD
This fee does not include any subscription to the official journal of the Federation Obesity Surgery and is available only for Integrated Health Members.
I.H. Members receive an I.H. Membership certificate and a I.H. badge at IFSO Congresses. I.H. Member are not entitled to submit an abstract to be presented in the surgical sessions of the Congress. They can submit abstracts to be presented in the I.H. sessions.
You can apply as Individual Member only if you live in a country where there is no national society of bariatric surgery. Otherwise you can become IFSO member through your national society.
It is not possible to subscribe to SOARD through us.
If you want to subscribe to SOARD please contact ASMBS or visit asmbs.org/ifso-soard
Membership Benefits include:
- Discounted registration fee to IFSO Congresses and endorsed meetings
- IFSO Global Registry
- IFSO Webinars – Virtual Learning Academy
- Eligibility to IFSO endorsement for your meeting
- Online Membership Database
- Eligibility to IFSO Scholarships
- Social Media (Facebook Group)
- YOUNG IFSO (for members under 45)
- Journal Club on Facebook Group
- Membership in a professional global network of surgeons and I.H. professionals
- Free online access to following journals:
- Obesity Surgery
- Surgical Endoscopy
- BMC Obesity
- BMC Nutrition & Metabolism
- BMC Journal of Eating Disorder
- BMC Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome
- Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders
- Eating and Weight Disorders
For details on how your National Obesity Surgery Society can become a member of IFSO, please contact
Rione Sirignano, 5
80121 Napoli - ITALY
Ph. 0039 081 7611085
Fax. 0039 081 664372