INTEGRATED HEALTH SCHOLARSHIP REPORTS IFSO MADRID
THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE IS OPEN ONLY TO IFSO MEMBERS. TO WATCH THE FULL VIDEOS PLEASE LOG IN IN THE MEMBERS' AREA
IF YOU FORGOT YOUR CREDENTIALS TO LOG IN PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.orgClose
IFSO Integrated Health Members are dedicated to continually strive for clinical excellence in the care they provide to bariatric and metabolic surgical patients. This dedication is evident by the knowledge we seek to provide optimal patient care in our individual countries, as well as the collaboration and knowledge shared among our international colleagues.
The Integrated Health (IH) section of IFSO consists of a diverse group of professionals who provide a continuum of care for the metabolic and bariatric patient.
Who are Integrated Health Professionals?
An IFSO Integrated Health professional is a member of the health care team that supports individuals who suffer from morbid obesity as they progress through the surgical pathway of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery. The Integrated Health Care professional should be dedicated to possess specialized expertise in their discipline to provide safe evidence based care, education and long term support to maximize patients short and long-term outcomes.
Members should be committed to working collaboratively and integrated for optimal care of the Bariatric and Metabolic surgical patient.
Integrated Health professionals prepare, counsel and support in order to optimize the benefits of metabolic surgery. The Integrated Health professional is there to identify, intervene and teach positive behavioral, emotional and provide interventions that affect long-term outcomes.
IFSO Integrated Health members consist of all supporting positions in metabolic and bariatric surgery, from nurses to therapists to data entry personnel. Together, Integrated Health professionals help in the holistic and long-term follow up care of the patient. Here are just a few of the more common Integrated Health professions:
- Advance Practice Nurses
- Exercise Physiologists
- Exercise Coordinator
- Obesity Medicine Specialists
- Physical Therapists
- Physician Assistants
- Behavioral Health Clinicians
- Clinical Reviewers
- Registered Dietitians
Become an IFSO Integrated Health Member
IFSO welcomes all Integrated Health Professionals in the field of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Why Join IFSO?
- Subscription to the digital and print versions of Obesity Surgery at a discounted price.
- Discounted registration to IFSO World Congress, IFSO Chapters’ Meetings and IFSO endorsed meetings.
- Your practice and contact information in our membership registry, accessible by patients. Access to members-only documents and online resources in the Members’ Area of www.ifso.com
- Email alerts about new published research findings, political events and Federation highlights.
- Opportunities to join IFSO committees that impact research, education, patient access, innovation, communication and public service in the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
If you live in a country where there is a national society for bariatric surgery you can join IFSO through your National Society. To check if your Country has a national society that is member of IFSO please click here: http://www.ifso.com/ifso-member-societies
If you live in a country where there is no national society for bariatric surgery you can join IFSO as individual member by clicking on the following link: www.ifso.com/join-ifso
IFSO Integrated Health Committee
- The appointment is for a term
- Prepares for and participates in the discussions and deliberations of the committee, attending all face-to-face and conference call meetings.
- Takes a proactive approach to committee work. Working on committee projects throughout the year as directed by the committee chair.
- Responds within 72 hours to committee chair messages, whenever possible.
Minimum time requirements:
- One face-to-face meeting at IFSO World Congress and conference-calls if needed
Meet Your Integrated Health IFSO Committee
Mary O’Kane, RD: Chair (UK)
Silvia Leite Faria: Vice Chair(Brazil)
Blanca Rios – Past Chair (Mexico)
Karen Flanders, MSN, ARNP, CBN (USA)
Andrea Schroeder (New Zealand)
Cristina Aquino (BR)
Yitka Graham (UK)